- Drink LOTS of Water: Hospital air systems can be drying. Hydrate to maintain your energy level
- Protein (yogurt, meat, poultry, fish, cheese, eggs) will give you energy
- Carbohydrates will tend to make you sleepy
- MOVE! While this is not a nutrition tip, movement helps give you energy. Dance in the waiting room; do yoga poses; invite others... soon, you'll be laughing and what's wrong with that??
- Resist soda, candy, too much caffeine: my guess is that your heart is beating rapidly as it is!